Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dirt was moved. Excitement ensued.

Yellow thing move dirt. Channeling my inner nine year old boy, I wish I was the driver. It does however, seem rather small in comparison to those old growth trees. Those trees resemble the ents of Lord of the Rings and unfortunately, we have to remove some of them to put down the house pad.






However, we are using said lumber to build our modest house. The site is in Sagle, Idaho near Lake Pend Oreille. We have a piece of lake-view property, not lakefront, so it's a dang good thing we are in mountain country.








That slope means we get a peek at Lake Pend Oreille, which is of glacial origins (pics to come). By the way, lake folk, the largest rainbow trout ever caught (37 lbs) was fished from this lake in 1947.

Hmmmm... that makes me want a Kokanee. I just saw a 6-pack of them over at Hum's Liquor on Lyndale.

2 comments:

  1. This is so thrilling. I can't imagine your excitement. !!!
    Being that I was there on that very spot, I can see it all happening. Thanks so much .
    Pat/Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan and Annika are astounded by the fish fact. They figure that that fish wouldn't even have to use a booster chair if it was a person! Keep up the good work on the construction.

    ReplyDelete