Saturday, September 18, 2010

Driveway happens. Log picker upper is cool.

We have the beginnings of a driveway. And scroll down, because that log picker upper thingee is rad. Reminds me of the game in the arcade where you put your quarter in and watch as the fuzzy bunny and/or faux tattoos slip through the metal fingers. That always bummed me out and I'd move onto that horrible game with the piles of quarters.

But this is a completely non-bummer experience, as the claw clutches its prey and won't let go. Can you tell that I want to drive that log grabbing machine too? I'm finding out many new things about myself in this process. I can get excited by an incomplete driveway and a grabbing machine that always gets its prize. Okay. I've imagined the latter before. Lots.



3 comments:

  1. turn around and give me that fire wood.
    Wow, so excited for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The log picking up thingy is officially termed a yarder. Great to see that things are progressing. Can we book a visit during Christmas Break? Dwight

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when do I need to go to Idaho and start working?.....

    ReplyDelete